Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Photoshop Elements masking tutorial


So I digital scrapbook. I love it. Sue me.

Anyway, when I get kits online, sometimes they come with a photomask. I usually ignore them, but I liked the most recent one I got, and I wanted to use it.
Of course, I could not figure out how to use it to save my entire life. And then when I found the best instructions at DesignerDigitals.com I couldn't pin them.

Therefore, here they are...


In Photoshop Elements:

Open a document.
Open a Photocut Mask. Using the Move tool, drag the Photocut Mask down onto your document in the Project Bin.

Next, open a photo and drag photo down on top of the mask in the Project Bin (covering the mask completely.)

Note: in PSE 6 and PSE7, never drag an item UP from the Bin onto your document.

In the Layers Palette, the photo layer should be directly above the mask layer. If it isn't, drag the photo layer on top of (one layer above) the mask layer.

Select the photo layer and press Ctrl G on your keyboard (or Cmd G on a Mac). This will glue your photo to the Photocut Mask.

And if you want to know the mask I'm using, it comes in this kit: Plain Digital Wrapper Baseball Dreams kit


No comments:

Post a Comment